The Australasian Dairy Science Symposium committee invites abstract submissions for their upcoming conference around the following conference sub-themes. The dot points under each sub-theme refer to provision topics of confirmed keynote speakers.
1 More productive, resilient and sustainable forage-based systems
- Manipulating the microbiome in forage science to solve the major challenges facing dairying in the next 10+ years
- The role of forage management in solving the major challenges facing dairying in the next 10+ years
2 More productive, resilient and sustainable animals
- The frontiers of biomedical science and its application to animal science in solving the major challenges facing dairying in the next 10+ years
- Manipulating the microbiome in animal science to solve the major challenges facing dairying in the next 10+ years
3 Social licence to farm
- Potential solutions to the major animal welfare issues facing dairying in the next 10+ years
- Potential solutions to the major water quality issues facing dairying in the next 10+ years
- Potential solutions to the major greenhouse gas issues facing dairying in the next 10+ years
4 People and technologies as enablers of productive, attractive and resilient farm systems
- The role of technology in improving farm resilience and helping farmers make more informed decisions in the next 10+ years
With the overall conference theme of “Dairy science for profitable and sustainable farming - developing solutions to identified challenges facing dairying in 2030”, submissions should be in the context of how dairy science is responding (or could respond - i.e. knowledge gaps) to the challenges facing dairying over the coming 10+ years, and how science could make a difference in addressing these challenges.
Abstracts will be considered for an oral presentation in principle. You will be asked to indicate all co-authors in your submission, but the presenting author should submit the abstract. Please note that presenting authors must be paid registrants at the Symposium.
The committee reserve the right to amend your paper to fit a different time frame depending on the relevance of your paper to the conference themes, the number of papers submitted and your score during the review process. We do ask that you highlight your preferred presentation length on your abstract as indicated on the submissions template.
The deadline for abstracts is June 1, 2018. You can expect the notification of acceptance no later than June 22, 2018.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
All abstracts must be submitted online using the template below. Please use the facility below to submit your abstract once completed.
We thank you for your contribution and your time and look forward to seeing you in Palmerston North for ADSS2018